Empowered Devotional Series
Thursday December 7, 2023
Scripture: Exodus 19 3 Then Moses went up to God, and the Lord called to him from the mountain and said, “This is what you are to say to the descendants of Jacob and what you are to tell the people of Israel: 4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself. 5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession. Although the whole earth is mine, 6 you will be for me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.’ These are the words you are to speak to the Israelites.”
Meditation: The Lord carrying you on eagles in no way implies that your spiritual journey will be an easy one or that you will simply float over every obstacle that blocks your way. What it does mean is that no matter what comes against you, you must never forget that the Lord is with you, lifting you up, protecting you and carrying you safely through.
– As Israel was the chosen and beloved of God so too are you in Christ Jesus! God called Moses to ascend the mountain of God and to relate His Word to the people of God; Jesus Christ ascended mount Golgotha to mediate a New Covenant for God’s people, written in His blood and through whom we have the Word of God written on our hearts!
– God said to Moses, “4 ‘You yourselves have seen what I did to Egypt, and how I carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to myself”. God has revealed to us through His plan of Redemption, “You yourselves have seen what I have done in triumphing over sin and how through faith in Jesus Christ, I have carried you on eagles’ wings and brought you to Myself”!
– God also said, “5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession”, and Jesus said to His followers, John 15: 10 If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.”
– God made His people Israel, to be a kingdom of priests and a holy nation. In Christ Jesus those who comprise the Church, 1 Pet. 2: 9 … are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.
– The call of God is upon your life! Your Exodus from sin and death surpasses even that of the Exodus of Israel from their captivity in Egypt! The ratified Covenant of Law atop Mount Sinai is only eclipsed by the surpassingly glorious Covenant ratified through the crucifixion, death, burial and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ! In Christ you have been raised up from death to life! Now, we the redeemed are “called to declare the praises of him who called [us] out of darkness into his wonderful light.”