Wednesday March 30, 2022
Scripture James 1: 16 Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. 17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18 He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created.
Life Lesson: While everything around us is constantly changing, the one constant, the ever present certainty, is that God is good without exception!
– James warns us, “Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters”. Deception is the Devil’s game. We live in a world infected with and affected by deception. We turn on our televisions, or our radios and we are inundated with deception. That which we used to think we could count on for truthful information, is now a propaganda mill utilized by corrupt governments to manipulate what we believe and accept as truth.
– Satan’s original tactic utilized in the Garden was deception. A form of conditioning with the intent to deviate Eve’s mind and heart away from the Truth of God’s Word to embrace and believe a lie. She fell for it, and then Adam in turn was also seduced by it. Both lost Paradise because they believed the deception of the devil rather than the established truth of the Word of God.
– How is it that are so easily led away from truth? The apostle Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 4: 2 Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage—with great patience and careful instruction. 3 For the time will come when people will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. 4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths. 5 But you, keep your head in all situations, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, discharge all the duties of your ministry.”
– Paul warned us that a time was coming and has most certainly arrived, when people would turn away from the truth, gathering around themselves purveyors of lies who say what their itching ears long to hear! But to those who love the truth Paul writes, we must always be read up, prayed up, and studied up! We must keep our heads, yes even when lies are being embraced, believed and popularized by our culture!
– God is good and His Word is truth! I don’t care what you think or what you have heard; it does not, cannot, will not ever change the Eternal Truth of God’s Word! On Christ the solid Rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand! Hold fast to the truth of God’s word! Refuse to believe the constantly shifting shadows of a culture given over to deception. Those who live by the truth are the firstfruits of all God has created because we hold fast to our faith in Christ!