Life Lessons Devotional Series Empowered
Life Lessons Devotional Series
Exodus 9: 16 But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
– We live in a world inundated with conflict, in fact we encounter conflict on a daily basis whether that conflict is experienced from external or internal forces. The Word of God calls us to look above and beyond every conflict to the One true God who alone is able to save us and who alone is able to subdue every adversary.
– We are no more alone in our struggle against the adversary than Moses was alone in his struggle against Pharoah. Like Moses, we have been called by God to deliver His message of deliverance to a hostile audience, and like Moses God promises to be with us.
– Time and again Moses was faithful to deliver the message of the Lord to an unrepentant sinner who actually believed he had the power and authority to reject the Word of the Lord; yet the truth of the matter was and still is mercifully revealed in the following, Ex. 9:15 For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth.”
– The true source of power should never be in question in the mind of the child of GOD! In fact, God raises up puny little narcissistic men and women so that the Lord’s power might be clearly demonstrated over them and so that the Name of the LORD might be proclaimed in all the earth!
– Christian, we need to know this every time we encounter a so-called force that stands in opposition to the Way, the Truth, and the Life. In stead of despising them, we ought to pity them because all such raging against the Lord is absolutely futile, Psalm 2!
– Stand not in your own strength! Battle not in your own power! Speak not in your own wisdom! Those who stand will be empowered to stand only in the authority of the Lord! Like Moses, we need not be afraid of pharaoh’s wrath, because no power on earth or in the heavenly places can compare to the power of our God!