Monday May 16, 2022
Scripture Ex. 14: 10 As Pharaoh approached, the Israelites looked up, and there were the Egyptians, marching after them. They were terrified and cried out to the Lord. 11 They said to Moses, “Was it because there were no graves in Egypt that you brought us to the desert to die? What have you done to us by bringing us out of Egypt? 12 Didn’t we say to you in Egypt, ‘Leave us alone; let us serve the Egyptians’? It would have been better for us to serve the Egyptians than to die in the desert!” 13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Life Lesson: Overcome all fear as you walk by faith in the promises of God!
– Are you at times gripped by fear over what you see happening? At times it would seem that fear is an appropriate response to the situation; but is it really?
– Is there ever justification for a believer to give in to fear? Who is it that watches over our lives? Psalm 121: 5 The Lord watches over you— the Lord is your shade at your right hand; 6 the sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon by night. 7 The Lord will keep you from all harm— he will watch over your life; 8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
– Israel blamed Moses for bringing them out of Egypt. Was it Moses who brought the people out? Who then had brought them out? It was the Lord who brought them out of their bondage! It was through miracles that God had delivered them!
– How then could they ask, “What have you done to us?” speaking to Moses.
– Why are we looking around for someone to blame? To whom do you belong? Who is it that saved you from sin? Who is it that has promised never to leave you or forsake you!?
– Let me ask you something, “If God is for you, who can be against you?” Rom. 8:31.
– Allow me to agree with the apostle when he also says, 8:32 He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?” “All things” certainly includes the issue you are currently wrestling with right now.
– You are not defeated! You have nothing to fear! Faith defeats fear and fear destroys faith! So by what standard will you choose to live by?
– You cannot walk on the water with Jesus and focus on the wind and the waves; it is either one or the other! Keep your eyes on Christ and you can do the impossible! Take them off Jesus and put them on the concerns of life and you will begin to drown; it is that simple.
– No, God did not bring the people out of Egypt to let them die in the wilderness but here’s the truth of the matter; their lack of faith, their FEAR would one day do that very thing to them!
– They would miss out on the promised land of blessing because of their fear and unbelief! How much better to take God at His Word, to believe it, to live it, and thereby to inherit God’s wonderful promises for your life and for your family! Amen!