The Lord Will Fight for You!
Life Lessons Devotional Series, Monday May 8, 2023
Scripture: Exodus 14 13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
Life Lesson: “The Lord will fight for you” was, is, and will forever be a sure foundation for the people of God! If God is for us who can be against us!?
– I wonder how many of us struggle with the belief that God will fight for us? Like the Israelites we find it more natural to fear and be afraid than to embrace God’s promise that He will fight for us.
– The truth is God has already moved heaven and earth for our salvation. The Incarnation was no little event, in fact it was prophesied from the beginning, Gen. 3:15. God waited thousands of years to intervene decisively for humanity, yet all the while providing the means by which God’s divine intervention would come to pass.
– No one, not even the devil himself truly comprehended it! Will God fight for us? Yes, He will! Yes, He has and yes, He is fighting for us! And you want to hear something truly incredible? The outcome of the fight has already been decided! We have been made more than conquerors by faith in Christ Jesus! The victory is ours through faith!
– Nothing has been left to chance! God has given us His promises and God’s promises are always yes and amen in Christ Jesus!
– Moses told the people to be still. Later on, God inspired the psalmist to record, “Be still and know that I am God, psalm 46:10. Being still is not inactivity. To be still in obedience to the Word of God involves actively waiting upon the Lord, seeking the Lord, and moving forward by faith in the Word of the Lord.
– Recall that following the exhortation God spoke through Moses for the Israelites to be still, they then had to move forward by faith into the midst of the waters and continue moving forward to the other side of the Red Sea. In order for them to truly, be still by trusting in God they also had to move forward by faith.
– Be still and believe that the Lord is fighting for you! Move forward by faith in the promises of the Lord God Almighty!