Friday May 20, 2022
Scripture Ex. 14:29 But the Israelites went through the sea on dry ground, with a wall of water on their right and on their left. 30 That day the Lord saved Israel from the hands of the Egyptians, and Israel saw the Egyptians lying dead on the shore. 31 And when the Israelites saw the mighty hand of the Lord displayed against the Egyptians, the people feared the Lord and put their trust in him and in Moses his servant.
– The Israelites went through what on dry ground? It was a sea the children of God went through on dry ground! Entering a sea and walking on dry ground do not seem to belong in the same sentence, in fact that statement seems self-contradictory and unbelievable.
– Who walks into a sea without getting wet? How does a bush burn with fire and not burn up? How does a woman of 90 give birth to a healthy child after being barren all of her life? How does water come forth from a rock, or manna fall from heaven? How can a measly portion of flour and oil be made to last for years, or a few loaves and fish feed 5000? How do 3 men survive being thrown into a fiery inferno and come out without the smell of smoke on their clothing, or another man spend a night in a dungeon filled with hungry man eating lions and come out unscathed? How can the dead be raised to life, or the demon possessed set free? How can the blind be made to see, or the paralyzed made to walk?
– We ask, “How can these things possibly be?” The Word of God reveals to us that everything is possible for those who believe! That with God all things are possible! That the glorious, miraculous works that our sovereign Lord and Savior has done are possible for His followers to also do, and even greater things will we do because of His empowering, John 14:12!
– We believe in and serve the God of Unlimited power and might! That power is for all who believe!
– The Israelites walked through the sea with a wall of water on either side of them. That wall of water represents the very things that seem impossible to you right now. The wall of water congealed and rose high above the Israelites. Like a huge towering monolith it stood above them threatening to fall on their heads and crush the life from their bodies.
– That which had been impassable, God made passable! That which now threatened to crush them, God held in place until they passed safely underneath!
– O the fear and the trepidation we have over going forward into the unknown. With every step forward we wonder if our next step will be our last.
– Do not forget Christian, it is God Almighty (El-Shaddai) who has brought you to it and it is God Almighty who will lead you safely through it! Then you, like the Israelites who after seeing what the LORD had done for them, will bear witness and testify to the Majesty of God!